TDU and Clipsal photographer access

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

TDU and Clipsal photographer access

Postby tommyg on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Am thinking of trying to get to these events next year and wondering if anyone knows how best to approach them to get a photographer pass?

any thought or suggestions?

Cheers
Tom
Tom
Red Bubble
TLC Photography
Nikon D810, D700, D90 (IR)
tommyg

Re: TDU and Clipsal photographer access

Postby wendellt on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:43 pm

To get accredited you need to get a magazine to sponsor you
A motor magazine would be more helpful
Call up the editors of various mags ask them if you can shoot the event for them
If your not getting any luck there since most mags will aready have their own accredited phogs already
ask if you can be a contributing phogs meaning they sponsor you no money you shoot then submit the pics to them if they like they buy

I would like to know more to because I wouldn't mind getting some motorsport shots for my portfolio
So anyone advice would be appreciated
Wendell Levi Teodoro
My Agents
Press - Getty Images
Creative Rep - T.I.D. FashionID, DBP Productions & The Nest Agency
My Book - Zeduce
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby Raskill on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Accreditation is through V8 Supercars. You can find their details on their website. The guy who makes the decisions is Col Hitchcock. You will need to show you are shooting for a magazine / newspaper. Typically a letter from the editor is also required, as well as previous V8SC images that have been used.

It is also easier if you are a CAMS accredited photographer. It's not necessary, but it makes things easier. They have clamped down on who they give accred to this season, with many people missing out. The sydney round had maybe 50 photographers only.

If you are trying to convince editors that they should use you, it is often to your advantage to also offer an article with your images, that way they get everything from you. It is difficult if you have a short deadline, like hours, at the completion of the weekend to get an article typed and images PP'd.

Good luck. Let me know if either of you want any help.
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby wendellt on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 am

hi

from your experience do you know if there is a getty images photographer
im with the entertainment division they have a whole bunch of people doing sport
but i just want a few images for my portfolio so i dont think they would put me on assignment for this event for that one reason

could i assist i'm a hard worker ill carry and even edit your images for you
Wendell Levi Teodoro
My Agents
Press - Getty Images
Creative Rep - T.I.D. FashionID, DBP Productions & The Nest Agency
My Book - Zeduce
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby Raskill on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:15 am

Wendel, Gettys shooter is Robert Cianflone. His work, in particular his creative flair and existing light portraits, are inspirational. You might be able to swing something through him, Clipsal 2010 would be good, as there is a lot going on off track also, which would probably suit you also.

Some of his work:

(using a variable planed lens).

2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Return to Adelaide and Perth