Wanting to borrow... NON DSLR camera (yes, really)

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Wanting to borrow... NON DSLR camera (yes, really)

Postby Chica on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am

Dear Adelaide DSLRer's...... An unusual request..... next weekend (17th) I am going to Sydney to see Bon Jovi perform and the powers that be are quite strict with cameras.... and any camera that has a removable lens is not allowed in. Last night I took my point and shoot (from work) to the show but it was useless!! Next week I have really good seats and would love to get some photos. Does anyone in Adelaide have a decent point and shoot I could borrow for the weekend? Happy to come and pick up / drop off etc.

Cheers

Cathy
Chica

Re: Wanting to borrow... NON DSLR camera (yes, really)

Postby aim54x on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I have a Sony CyberShot TX5 which is an unassuming little compact that is better than the average for low light work thanks to it's backlit CMOS sensor. Your welcome to borrow it, so long as you leave the footage you record (in 720p) for me to watch as I have missed out on that concert.

I work in the Sydney CBD so it is shouldnt be too hard to pick it up off me from work (or arrange to meet for coffee) and worst case senario mail it back to me.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Chica on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Cameron!!

Just home from the Melbourne trip and saw your reply.... thank you so much!! I really appreciate your offer and it will be good to meet you too. We get to Sydney late Fri night and leave Mon afternoon, so maybe I could meet you sometime Sat morning and then drop the camera back on Mon morning? Whatever works for you is great. My concerts are Sat/Sun night.

Thanks a million

Cathy
Chica

Postby aim54x on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

PM replied
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Adelaide and Perth