Dawn shots / Adel photo spots

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Dawn shots / Adel photo spots

Postby Chica on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi everyone

I have finally emerged from an incredibly busy term (including 3 and a half weeks marking NAPLAN tests, for those teachers out there....) and I am busy planning my school holidays!

I want to go somewhere in the vicinty of Adelaide to get some misty, wintery dawn photos.... maybe featuring a horse or two. Im thinking somewhere in the Hills.... but does anyone have any more specific suggestions?

Last weekend Tom and I did the Cheetah 'behind the scenes' tour at Monarto..... absolutely brilliant..... photos coming. Really great experience and I would highly recommend it.

Cheers

Cathy
Chica

Re: Dawn shots / Adel photo spots

Postby photohiker on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Mt Lofty botanic gardens (you'd have to jump the fence, they don't open until 9 or something like that)

The Piccadilly valley, which is right behind Mt Lofty. Mt Lofty House (next door to the botanic gardens) has a framed picture window in the lounge looking (i think) SE over the valley and the view from there on foggy mornings can be superb. Mt Lofty house has their own gardens which may also suit.

HTH

Michael
photohiker

Re: Dawn shots / Adel photo spots

Postby Chica on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Thank you Michael :-)
Chica

Return to Adelaide and Perth