Photo/Video Ledlight Panel Leds? Are the same??????

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Photo/Video Ledlight Panel Leds? Are the same??????

Postby haring on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:18 am

Question is simple. Do photography/videography led light panels use the same led light bulbs
Do Aperture, Younguo, 1 x 1, Came TV... use the same light bulbs in their led light panels?
Prices vary between 100-300 and 1000-15000 USD for the same size light panels. I know they are different units, cooling, etc. but I am just wondering whether the BASICS of these units are the same: the individual light bulbs...Are the light bulbs the same?
haring

Re: Photo/Video Ledlight Panel Leds? Are the same??????

Postby Mr Darcy on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 pm

They are not light bulbs. They are Light Emitting Diodes. Quite different.
I cannot comment on specific manufacturers, but there are many. And there are many ways to achieve "white" light. Some of them cheaper than others. And some of them better than others. Have a look at lighting intended for general lighting. The more expensive ones go to considerable lengths to show why theirs are better than the opposition's. I am sure the same is true for photographic lighting. If not more extreme.

There is an old adage: You get what you pay for.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Return to Equipment Reviews