Maxwells - Again

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Maxwells - Again

Postby photograham on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm

I can't believe Maxwells!!!!!! Or maybe I can......
I have a Lowepro Nature Trekker AW (back pack camera bag) on which a zipper repair is needed, so after failing to get replies initially from emails, I posted them the bag so they can get the bag repaired.
But, I did ask them to let me know the cost, not of repairing my bag, a rough cost, of having a zipper replaced in the bag. All I asked for was a rough cost of that repair, not how much to repair my bag.
No, they can't do that. Why? They just don't. The repairer the use will not give any of that information.
Aha they say! Send in proof of purchase because we might be able to do it under the warranty. Bit was a gift some 4 to 5 years ago and I don't have prook of purchase.
So how much to replace a zip? We can't tell you. We will ring you after the bag gets here.
I know, you can all believe that from Maxwells
photograham

Postby gstark on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Pay a visit to your local shoe repairer. try to find an old-style one - one who actually does repairs.

he should be able to fix this for you for a few $$$$.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Trader Opinions