where to post negative comments

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

where to post negative comments

Postby scott s on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am

I was going to make a post here about a recent transaction, but in the rules and FAQ section it says that this area is for thosw who have
Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

is there a bitching section anywhere ?

Merry Christmas
Scott
D300, 80-200 F2.8, 50mm F1.4, 18-70 kit, Sigma 14mm F3.5
scott s

Re: where to post negative comments

Postby Glen on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 am

Scott, bitching is really not something we encourage and really has connotations of being done for your benefit, possibly best done in your own home. That said, if you want to post a factual account of your experience with a trader, post away
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby gstark on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Ok .. let me pre-empt this a bit.

First of all, negative comments have been made in the past, when justified. This includes negative comments about Poon, and I have frequently been the source of those comments. And let me be very clear: negative comments, when well expressed, will never be a problem here. Bitching, whining ... different story altogether.

That said, I suspect I know what you're going to talk about about, and in all honesty, I suspect that you are being very impatient.

You ordered a lens, a 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor, through the forum's facilities. Unfortunately, HKS sent you the wrong lens. Within a day of being advised of this - several weeks ago - Poon gave instructions for returning the lens, so that a replacement - the correct lens - could be sent.

Within the dialog about this you let me know that you were about to head off on holidays for a couple of weeks, and were worried that the correct lens might not arrive in time for your departure. Armed with this advice, I suggested to you a certain course of action to help expedite the matter, and I advised Poon of the urgency as well. My recollection is that you recieved the replacement lens within about three days, although you failed to keep me appraised of the progress of the lens being returned to Poon, and you failed to advise me of the receipt by yourself of the correct lens. I would have thought that common courtesy might have dictated that these advices would happen as a matter of course, but I might be wrong, too.

You did, I note, post a message in a thread praising Poon for the prompt delivery of the correct lens, noting the difficulties that had been experienced.

Fast forward now to last weekend, when you sent, to me, what I considered to be a very curt email asking about getting a refund for your expenditure. I have no issues with your request; I think it has merit, but I have nothing to do with any this part of the transaction. Any refunds need to come from HKS. This forum - which means me when there needs to be any intervention - only acts as a consolidation and handling point for orders from HKS. I believe that this is stated in the FAQ and on your order. The money that you pay goes directly into HKS bank account, and any refunds must come from there.

So, as I have nothing to with that part of the transaction, I forwarded your request to Poon. Yesterday. Within one business day of your request.

At the same time I sent you an email advising you of the action that I had taken, and that I would get back to you as soon as I had heard from Poon.

I will add that you provided no quantum for your claim, nor was their any receipt or any other means of verifying what you paid. Just a curt request for reimbursement. Of some unknown value.

Now, as that is the ONLY recent transaction that you have made through the forum, I am taking the liberty to suggest that this is what you may be wanting to comment upon, and if so, I welcome your further comments and clarifications, bearing in mind the facts noted above. Have I missed anything? I may have - I'm working from memory - but I don't believe so.

Now, if this is not the issue that you are wishing to discuss, then I apologise, and I would then suggest that you are, as a general rule, welcome to post a reasoned discussion regarding your bad transaction. If you have concerns about what to say, please feel free to ask any of the admins or mods; they all have my complete confidence and will be able to provide you with any guidance that might be necessary.

But please, no "bitching", no pissing contests, no flaming ... just good, honest, reasoned comments.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:22 pm

scott s wrote:is there a bitching section anywhere ?

yep, i find a concentration of it in the kitchen :cheers:
Oz_Beachside

Return to Trader Opinions