Moth Studios - Oxford Street - Sydney - BIG TICK

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Moth Studios - Oxford Street - Sydney - BIG TICK

Postby leek on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 am

I've used this studio once so far and have 2 other shoots planned there in July... and many more in the future... I like it so much I'm thinking of a monthly subscription... :-)

Moth Studios

This studio is an absolute dream... It has all the equipment, lighting, softboxes, umbrellas, snoots, grids and other good stuff that you could possibly imagine... two good sized studios with backdrops...

The studio owner Michael supplied mineral water, M&Ms (otherwise known as model food), even did a coffee run and was generally helpful but inconspicuous throughout the shoot...

The studio has a sliding scale of rates, so if you're a student, or you're shooting for non-commercial purposes, then it's very reasonable... Check out the current rates on their website...

I'd have no hesitation in recommending it, but have already agreed with Michael that I'll get priority over all your bookings... :-)
Cheers, John
Leek@Flickr | Leek@RedBubble | Leek@DeviantArt

D700; D200; Tokina 12-24; Nikkor 50mm f1.4,18-70mm,85mm f1.8, 105mm,80-400VR, SB-800s; G1227LVL; RRS BH-55; Feisol 1401
leek

Re: Moth Studios - Oxford Street - Sydney - BIG TICK

Postby gstark on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:23 am

John,

Thanx for posting this. Their rates seem to be very attractive.

As you may have noticed, we've recently had a request for a portraiture workshop, and this may well be a potential venue for these sorts of events.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby whitey on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 am

leek wrote:I'd have no hesitation in recommending it, but have already agreed with Michael that I'll get priority over all your bookings... :-)

Looks great, and just down the road from me too...

gstark wrote:John,
As you may have noticed, we've recently had a request for a portraiture workshop, and this may well be a potential venue for these sorts of events.

I missed this, is there still room?
D80, 50mm F/1.8, 18-70mm DX, Sigma 10-20mm
whitey

Postby gstark on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:53 am

whitey wrote:
gstark wrote:John,

I missed this, is there still room?

Plenty of room: thus far, it's still only a request. Probably a couple of months away, and nothing, as yet, really started.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby leek on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

I hadn't noticed that portaiture workshop either... More than willing to help arrange that... The studio would be a perfect venue and if we were using the larger of the 2 studios, then we could probably have 8 photographers and a couple of models fairly comfortably... I can supply models & MUA for next to nothing as well... Let me know if you want a hand setting it up... I don't have the theory to run it (I just do it), but more than willing to help...
Cheers, John
Leek@Flickr | Leek@RedBubble | Leek@DeviantArt

D700; D200; Tokina 12-24; Nikkor 50mm f1.4,18-70mm,85mm f1.8, 105mm,80-400VR, SB-800s; G1227LVL; RRS BH-55; Feisol 1401
leek

Return to Trader Opinions