Gold coast store?

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Gold coast store?

Postby jaff on Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am

Has anyone had anything to do with Gold Coast Store, its obviously a Australian front for a overseas supplier, seem like good prices and they offer a free 3 year Mack warranty with camera purchases?
The Mack warranties, has anyone had to use one, they seem to have agents around Aust?

Cheers Rob
jaff

Re: Gold coast store?

Postby Old Bob on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:03 am

I bought a D3 from this mob, a bit over twelve months ago. It was a good price, but although they stated delivery in five to seven days, it took about four weeks. I was just about to go to the US, and it arrived just before I left. There was a stuff up with the warranty, and it didn't arrive for about another month. A few weeks after my return home from America, I was looking at the number of photos I had taken, and found the copy count on the camera was about 1000 more than I had taken. All reference to Gold cost store had disappeared from the purchase site, so could not contact them. I couldn't even leave any feedback. The camera was fine, and still working like a charm.
Old Bob

Re: Gold coast store?

Postby radar on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 am

jaff wrote:Has anyone had anything to do with Gold Coast Store, its obviously a Australian front for a overseas supplier, seem like good prices and they offer a free 3 year Mack warranty with camera purchases?

don't know the shop, have you looked at d-d-photographics.com.au? I've used them and always had good service.

The Mack warranties, has anyone had to use one, they seem to have agents around Aust?

Just got one for a lens of mine. I was talking to Mack at the recent PMA show in Sydney. He said that they are using Canon and Nikon to do their repair work here in Australia.

cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Return to Trader Opinions