Phototechnical extended warranty: Important info!

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Phototechnical extended warranty: Important info!

Postby surenj on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:00 am

This follows from a recent query I had, in terms of ebay gray importers [usu Hongkong] offering warranty which is 'australian' based. I have never had any experience in using these warranties but at least have an answer re extension of these warranties.

I have finally got a definitive answer from Phototechnical re: extended warranties. Thanks Ron!

Ron McKnight <ron@phototech.com.au>
date Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:46 AM
subject Re: gray imports

Hi Suren, yes you can purchase an extended warranty on grey imports. As long as they supply a warranty to begin with, our warranty will attach to the end of it. You can purchase on line at http://www.camerawarranty.com.au or through most photo shops in Australia.

Regards,
Ron McKnight
PHOTOTECHNICAL
15 Lamington St
New Farm Qld Australia 4005

This is very good news for everyone who is interested in grays but also equally applicable for people who buy aussie stock. Their extension of the warranty is a attractively priced.

Please note that Camerastore.com.au does NOT offer gray coverage as noted in the following email.

Hi
We unfortunatley only offer extended warranties to Australian stocked
items.
Kind Regards
Bianca Cushion
camerastore.com.au
surenj

Return to Trader Opinions