darwinonline.org blocks hotlinking

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

darwinonline.org blocks hotlinking

Postby stubbsy on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:52 pm

For those of you using darwinonline.org for your pics (and I've noticed there are a few of you) I've noticed hotlinking of your pics has recently stopped working. Just found this on their homepage:
Due to excessive bandwidth usage by some users, as of January 1st 2005 darwinonline.org does not allow direct linking or hot linking of pictures to online forums anymore

Edit: Maybe time to switch to pixspot
Last edited by stubbsy on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Then contact Kristine and she help you out with
http://www.pixspot.com

Thanks for your good works, Kristine.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Information