d90... whats the goss?

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

d90... whats the goss?

Postby jdear on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:39 pm

greetings all,

ive scouted around webspace, looking for anything even remotely seeming to be information on the d90 / d50. (if that is infact their model numbers)

you see im at a loss. By the time i end up with some money to finally purchase a d70, it will probably be at the end of this month - maybe longer as our new baby comes any day now, and our car has gotten over 100k's on its ticker. (no not a complaint :P)

Then i hear about news about the potential anouncement of the d90 over at photokina for end of feb (?) (hate to start rumours, please confirm / deny)

i know that in the months for the d90 to come out finally here, i could have been taking many a lovely photo wih the d70, maybe purchase a few lenses... but will the d90 be worth hanging out for?

I guess im a little hesitant since buying a PnS konica minolta dimage a2 shortly after it came out, only to find i cant sell it for half what i shelled out for it back in march / april 04. I really wasnt happy with the cameras limitations. Then again if the only difference is a 2 MP or so gain in sensor size (d70 to d90), i could live with that.

noticed that nikond90.com domain name has been snatched up (probably some domain squatting yank hoping to make a quick buck... why you little... why i oughta...!!) d90users.com still remains available :)

any people's thoughts?

JD
jdear

Postby MHD on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:42 pm

I would be VERY suprised if a D70 replacement will be in stores this year...

The D2X has not hit our shores yet and I think that the next DSLR nikkon will release will be something to take the d100 flag... so a fair bit more expensive than a d70 body (around the 3-4K mark for the body)

The D70 is a stunning cam and while people keep buying them nikkon will look at other cameras in its line to improve
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:43 pm

jdear - there is a simple adage in life if you wait for a new model you will never own anything!!

Get the D70, be happy, and take lots of photos

Chris
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby AlistairF on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:49 pm

I know it's fake, but we can only dream...

http://www.macuarium.com/foro/lofiversion/index.php/t93150.html

Alistair
AlistairF

Postby jdear on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:51 pm

i wonder how much touble that image caused... :P

Yes, id better stop thinking about the d70 and how happy it will make my life :P Had do some sort of work today!

A good evening to all!
JD
jdear

Postby atencati on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:53 pm

Just rmember, when Nikon announces a new model it takes them at least 6 months to hit the stores. The D2X has bee in the news for about 4? months now and still hasn't hit the street. IF there ws a D90 announced, it wouldn't be available before about September. Do you want to wait that long????

Andy
D70, 70-200VR, 18-70, 50 1.8, SB800
Blackberry PIN: 2029497E
atencati

Postby Greg B on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:56 pm

I had the G3 experience, bought it, price dropped, G5 came out cheaper and (slightly) better, price dropped, G6 came out cheaper........

I am making a pretty long term commitment to the d70, there would need to be considerable personal progress before the camera's capabilities were unable to keep up with mine
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:59 pm

jdear,
That bridge is too far!
The D70 will be in Nikon list at least another 24 months from today.
Did not see any light in the tunnel for the replacement of the beauti D70 yet.
Look at the the D100, how long this camera exist? but it's still selling at around Aussie 2K. I sold few of them to Govt. sector early this month.
The D90 is still in the dream of some guys with creatively brain!
If the D90 released by Feb. how long do you think you can get hold of it at the right price and available for you to order? 12 months from the date of release.
Look at the D2x, annouced in Sept 04, nearly 6 months but no stock in the universe, and guess what? can you afford the D90? say at least US2K?
The D90 comes out of course with the difference range and league.
So come back with the real world, the D70 still serve you at its best.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby owen on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:00 pm

I went from a Fuji S5000 to a Fuji S5500 and then the D70. Both Fujis I had realised some of their limitations, I don't think I will be with the D70 as there is so much to it and capable of doing everything and more that I wanted to do with the Fujis.... now to find someone wanting to by my S5500...
owen

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:10 pm

jdear,
I do the budgetary for you (2005-2006)
1/ New born baby
2/ Replacement car
3/ Car rego and insurance
4/ New born baby 1st birthday
5/ New D70 camera.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:40 pm

PMA is in Las Vegas at the beginning of February.

Camera manufacturers usually pre-announce many of their new products in the two or three weeks leading up to PMA, which means RSN.

My guess is that we'll see Nikon announce a D100 replacement prior to PMA, and it will be released - available - in the US in mid March, and here early April.

My guess would have been 12MP - sharing the sensor with the D2x, but as yet we haven't seen this in production; the D2H sensor isn't up to the task, but they do need a minimum of 8MP for this market.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby MHD on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:56 pm

I wonder if we will see any new glass...

A few DX primes would be welcome
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:04 pm

MHD wrote:I wonder if we will see any new glass...

A few DX primes would be welcome

Yeah! we need more new range of lenses rather than cam body!
Of course there will be a replacement of D100 model!
But there's a premium to it!
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby lejazzcat on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:39 am

Yeah - i hate the redundancy rate with expensive tech gear too.
But as the 'guys' say - lifes short, and a bitch. Get it and get over it . :)
lejazzcat

Return to Information