APC TravelPower Case

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

APC TravelPower Case

Postby birddog114 on Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:19 am

How this help us with the notebook and our DSLR?
Less than AU$280.00 GST inc. and available in our Aussie market
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=224
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Onyx on Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:16 am

I saw these at a Staples store the other day... they basically have the "brick" embedded in the lining on the bag (along with the wires), so it's a bit out of the way, but IMO overpriced for merely saving one from the tangle of wires.
Onyx

Postby gstark on Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:33 am

I've not seen one, but I'm not overly impressed; it strikes me as being a marketing person's solution to the problem, rather than the engineer's. I keep heaps of other stuff in my bag as well: papers, tickets, etc. when I'm travelling, and I can forsee issues when I plug my laptop into the bag during a presentation, and I need something from my bag.

Laptop power supplies need to have another three or so outputs on them, each switchable for output voltage, amperage and polarity, and you just buy cables that can plug into that common interface. Of course, marketing dweebs could never work out how to use this ... :)

And of course many devices are now starting to use the USB port as a recharging source; this is a reasonably good alternative too.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Information