Help the BBC choose the photographer of the year

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Help the BBC choose the photographer of the year

Postby bago100 on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:09 pm

bago100

Postby Marvin on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:18 am

Well, it shows how much I have to learn. If I had have taken the picture of the squabbling terns, I would have thrown it out for being blurry and hard to look at! It is still the one I prefer least in the Natural World category though. :)
Marvin

Postby Onyx on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:31 am

Whenever I see these "top photographer's" works, I always wonder what it is about them that made them stand out against the rest. I honestly can't see what's so special about them - they are, to me, in no way outstanding in terms of composition, subject content, or technically (mastering the camera/light). Perhaps I lack the sophistication of appreciating art... :?:
Onyx

Postby Raydar on Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:34 am

Onyx wrote:Whenever I see these "top photographer's" works, I always wonder what it is about them that made them stand out against the rest. I honestly can't see what's so special about them - they are, to me, in no way outstanding in terms of composition, subject content, or technically (mastering the camera/light). Perhaps I lack the sophistication of appreciating art... :?:

Good point, I'm the same???????? :?:

Cheers
Ray :lol:
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby Glen on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:36 am

Guys, their title implied it was the top photog of BBC, whereas it is actually a bunch of people who just emailed their images in. Likewise I thought some were ordinary, not very thought provoking.

Quite a few took the Matt K tip of "simple and in the middle" :D
Glen

Return to Information