Autumn colors - Wine Farm

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Autumn colors - Wine Farm

Postby ChaPPy on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:10 pm

Juast some autumn colors from the Yarra Valey Wine famr near Melbourne.

Chappy
ChaPPy

Postby phillipb on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Chappy,
Nice photo, you seem to have it all in this shot, interesting foreground, nice colour, receding background. The only thing I would change is to frame a bit to the left so that the pole in the middle of the photo would shift a bit to the right. Other then that, a great shot.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby stubbsy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:48 pm

ChaPPy

I really like the pic - beautiful autumn colours and nice composition, but I'm guessing you're not much of a wine drinker. They only farm the grapes - they make the wine :wink:

The wankers amongst us (moi) call these places wineries :lol:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby stubbsy on Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:47 pm

ChaPPY

I've just come back to look at this shot, and the more I look at it the more I like it. I'm surprised you haven't had any comments on it from anyone other than Phillip & myself.

One other point - for shots like this I usually take both perspectives - looking down the grass and looking down the row of vines. It would be interesting to see how this looked with the other choice - did you take one of these?
Peter
stubbsy

Postby PiroStitch on Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:08 pm

Love this shot :) Great composition and love how the mountains in the background just recede into the sky.

Isn't it a vineyard ;) Winery is still fine, but since you want to play that game :P
PiroStitch

Postby stormygirl on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Did somebody mention wine?? :roll:

excellent shot chappy, ditto to what everyone else said!! Love the colours and the receding background. Well done.
stormygirl

Postby Neeper on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Like philip said, this shot has all the "fundementals". Very nice colors.
Johnny
D200, D70, 18-70mm, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, 24-120mm VR, 12-24mm Tokina, 70-300mm Tamron, Lens Baby 2.0, Peleng Fisheye 8mm, SB800, Alien Bees Studio Setup: 1 B400, 2 B800, 1 B1600, Sekonic L-358
http://www.jtimagesonline.com
Neeper

Postby stubbsy on Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:46 pm

PiroStitch wrote:Love this shot :) Great composition and love how the mountains in the background just recede into the sky.

Isn't it a vineyard ;) Winery is still fine, but since you want to play that game :P

You got me Piro :cry:
Peter
stubbsy

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques