For Sydneysider

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

For Sydneysider

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:30 am

Kurnell oil refinery could be out of action for two weeks may caused the the lack of or no fuel at the servos in the coming days.

Fill up your tank now, otherwise we will be using a horsedrawn cart :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:33 am

When I first heard this story (yesterday morning) the Caltex spokesperson was saying thy had plenty of stocks for another week or so, and provided they had power restored yesterday evening, would be back on stream in about a week.

I've not heard any updates as yet, but keeping one's tank on the full side would not be a bad idea at this time.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:44 am

The latest news this morning from both TV and SMH quoted the shortage could be happenned.

And especially with the PULP, I had problems before when I tried to find the servo with it to refill the VW.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:50 am

I'm due to fill up today.

Fortunately, while the Benz wants PULP, it'll run on lesser fuels for the shorter term.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Paul on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:59 am

I also heard that they had about a weeks supply as back up, what worries me is that they mentioned the plant might be out of action for a week due to the power tower falling down. :(
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby HappyFotographer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:15 am

Thanks for the heads up birddog, I hadn't actually heard this piece of news (who listens to news with kids running amok...I used to wonder why my dad insisted on watching the news...guess this is my karma) but I filled up yesterday. The bus holds something like 75litres, so I should be good for a while.

Cheers
Deb
"Sometimes when you are sad Poko, it's good to hug the monkey."
HappyFotographer

Postby stubbsy on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:50 pm

Hmmm... Pardon my cynicism, but the refinery says they have 1 week of reserve stocks, but suddenly the discount cycle stops and they're saying the shutdown will affect the price not just at those supplied from the refinery, but at outlets whose petrol comes from somewhere else. Sounds to me like Big Oil is using it as an excuse to make a little extra profit.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:57 pm

I came back from Bay yesterday for the day trip, left early yesterday morning, refilled my truck with $1.09/ l and this morning just come back from the servo with a price of $1.25/l :( :( :(

I'm thinking of buying a horse now. :twisted:
Birddog114
birddog114

Return to Sydney