Help with some second hand gear

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Help with some second hand gear

Postby phoenix on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:38 pm

I have a few questions about some gear i was looking at that i can't seem to find much info on.

First there is a Nissin 32 AF Nikon Flash. It's selling for $89 and i have no idea about getting info about it. I have been looking at getting a few more strobes to act as slaves for my SB600 and was hoping this would be ok. But i can't find anything about it at all. Does anyone know about this?

Next is an Inca light meter - Flash master 2. I don't want (nor feel like i need) a light meter, but one of the company's i work for that i do school portraits for, insist that i use a light meter. I don't have one, and have been using theres, but in the next few weeks i need my own, so thought a second hand one might be ok. But again i can't find a thing about this and don't know much about them to start with. It's selling for $60.

Next is a portable printer. We print out proofs on the day and at the moment we are lugging around a small 6x4 printer, plus a massive battery unit and inverter. It's such a huge pack and it feels totally unnecessary. I have seen some printers with a battery pack, but was wondering if people knew of any that are good?

The last thing i am looking at is some more umbrellas, a few Bogen super clamps and some stands for my strobes. I haven't been able to find a reliable place around Canberra so am looking online now and was hoping people could let me know about where they go. I want some shoot through umbrellas and some reflective ones. I probably need 3 of each at this stage.

Any help on any of these things would be super! Thanks everyone! :cheers:
phoenix

Re: Help with some second hand gear

Postby phoenix on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 am

Ok so it sounds like no one has got much info on these things, so it looks like i'll just let them go. I have to buy the today if i want them. Oh well if they were a good deal I'm guessing people would have jumped on here and told me to go buy them.
phoenix

Postby MATT on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:31 am

Can t help with much of any of that, but I do know that Canon make a car adapter for some of the portable printers..That may be an option.

MATT
MATT

Postby DaveB on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 pm

I have been looking at getting a few more strobes to act as slaves for my SB600 and was hoping this would be ok.

I saw a Nissin flash for the first time the other day. Just reading the info on the box it seemed to support both Canon E-TTL and Nikon iTTL, but no mention of acting as a wireless master/slave. I suspect it might work as the only flash on the camera, but not as part of a wireless setup.
In any case, unless I'm mistaken your SB600 will only act as a slave, not a master/controller. So you either need the on-camera flash as the controller, or an SB800/900?
DaveB

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions