d70 stuffed

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

d70 stuffed

Postby dragulajez on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:10 pm

took last friday off to spend the day shooting at the zoo. did the usual camera check charged batteries etc. got to the zoo and my d70 would not read any cards at all ? the camera was last used in january at a friends 50th. the camera worked fine and the photos came out great.got home recharged the batteries again and the camera is still not reading the cards and the top lcd display would not come one and when i try to open the camera menu it just goes on and off. check the recall battery numbers with maxwell and mine are not there? numbers are 32X, 3QM ? THE CARDS ARE FINE AS THEY ALL WORKED IN MY D2X.
ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY IT REALLY STUFFED MY DAY OUT AND I CANNOT WORK OUT WHY THE CAMERA WORKED 2 MONTHS AGO AND NOT NOW! :evil: CHEERS DRAG
dragulajez

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:20 pm

Drag.

Three things.

1: Please do not use caps in this way;it's considered to be poor etiquette.

2: Search is your friend. Please look for BGLOD.

3: Please ensure that your location in your profile complies with our requirements here. "Sydney" doesn't cut it. Suburb, please.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Sounds like the "uncooperative subject" filter has been enabled. Try disabling it from the menu. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby kipper on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:46 pm

On a little off topic thing Gary, why is suburb mandatory?
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Re: d70 stuffed

Postby sheepie on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:49 pm

dragulajez wrote:...the camera was last used in january...

I think I found your problem! The D70, like most high-end pieces of equipment, works best when used! ;) It's missed out on a whole month of photo opportunities and has packed a sad. Tell it you love it more often and it will look after you ;)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 pm

kipper wrote:On a little off topic thing Gary, why is suburb mandatory?

Because we require a meaningful location. We find that it permits us to be even more helpful when, for instance, a member needs help in some way and somebody else is local to that person.

Stating "Sydney" is about as meaningful as "the moon", and we've been requiring this of all members for several months now.

If your profile is non-compliant, now would be a good time to rectify the problem.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby bago100 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:09 pm

Aha Gary!
That explains why I get lost everytime I go to Sydney :D
Mind you, I haven't been there for four years, so next time, I might as well take a map of the moon to get around.
Cheers
Graham
bago100

sydney

Postby dragulajez on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:08 pm

sorry gstark i live 5 minutes up the road from the bird in croydon park he sold me my 300mm f4 lens at a great price. sorry about the caps getting a little ped off. sheepie do you think my d70 is getting d2x phobia?
cheers :wink:
dragulajez

Return to Nikon