D200 In Depth Review

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

D200 In Depth Review

Postby marcotrov on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:56 pm

FYI Found this english translated Japanese site giving good review of D200 shooting ability at High ISO. Little hard to understand in parts but the dynamic range readings are also interesting!
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handy3.com%2Fsikaworks%2FNikonD200%2Fweb-content%2Findex.html
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Sheetshooter on Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:56 am

Is that a new prime lens we see here - 35mm 1:1.4?

The translation makes reading slow and I have to get away so a more thorough study will have to wait but some of those tests look very meaningful. And the D200 would appear, on the surface at least, to master them with considerable aplomb.

Marco, something tells me that you have the party hats well and truly on the gonads over the release of this camera. I hope it is everything you wish it to be.

Cheers,

Walter

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." - Galassi
Sheetshooter

Postby marcotrov on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:22 am

You could say that Walter :) but the translation or interpretation is poor and confusing. Dynamic range is interesting in a positive sense but the high ISO performance I'm not as happy with as I initially believed but still early days and I am keen to lay my hands onit, surprisingly enough :wink:
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Steffen on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Sheetshooter wrote:Is that a new prime lens we see here - 35mm 1:1.4?

It's way too small for that (from looking at the 35 f/1.4 Ai). Also, I think it says 1:2D at the front.

Would be cool though. The f/1.4 has always had a good reputation, I wonder why they don't make an AF lens from it.

Cheers
Steffen.
Steffen

Postby Sheetshooter on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:17 pm

Steefen,

I stand corrected - it is the 35mm 1:2 (cripes I even own one .... anyone wanna buy it?). Failing sight at dawn I guess.

Cheers,

Walter

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." - Galassi
Sheetshooter

Return to Nikon