Making Capture NX2 run faster

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Making Capture NX2 run faster

Postby gooseberry on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:35 pm

gooseberry

Re: Making Capture NX2 run faster

Postby chrisk on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:18 pm

looks very interesting.
i have no problem with NX on my desktop, it runs as fast as i can work. on my laptop though it runs like crap.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby BullcreekBob on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 am

Any one know what it will cost to upgrade to Capture NX 2 ??

It certainly seems a nicer product, better interface and faster performing (so far !!)
BullcreekBob

Postby carla_d on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:45 pm

looks interesting but I'm using mac, and don't have too many issues with the speed: an imac running leopard at 2.8ghz with 4gb ram.
capture nx was a dog to use - was completely unstable and kept crashing, despite the decent specs of my machine.
i eventually worked out how to make it more stable through some heavy-duty googling (the updates had to be installed in a particular way... all very boring... but anyway...)
i was glad because, despite the HOPELESS user interface (like, seriously!), the way it handles NEF RAW and the u-point technology is something Aperture can't do as well.

i was nervous to upgrade to nx 2 but was attracted by the new features - especially the retouch tool. it was a drag to work on an image then have to open in PS to correct dust spots etc.

so far NX2 has performed just fine. the user interface is slightly different but still stupid and i wish it would ape Aperture more in this regard. but it's stable, as fast (or faster than Aperture) and i'm very happy with it otherwise.
carla_d

Postby StarForge on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I'm on a Mac as well and the only reason I use Capture NX 2 is because of what Aperture can't do with NEFs
StarForge

Return to Nikon