D90 video samples

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

D90 video samples

Postby jammy2 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:39 am

Since one of the new fangled functions of the D90 is to shoot HD video, I decided to "borrow" me dad's present :twisted: for an afternoon and try some macro videos. Scene was the backyard garden and the cast consists of a flower, spider and a quite unwilling aphid :) It was certainly windy which didn't help things and it was drizzling which you'd notice when the rain drops hit the flower like an earthquake. Files were given quick edit (sound removed) and compressed about 1/10 from original to about 19mb and 10 mb)

edit: Apologies only the you-tube quality video are available for non-vimeo users :cry: In any case have a gander, there're prob about 2-5mb each

If at first you don't succeed....

Flower dancing in the wind

cheers,
Ken
jammy2

Re: D90 video samples

Postby Chica on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Hi there :-)

Just checked out your videos, they are great, that drop of water was amazing!!!!I got a D90 last week but havent tried out the movie mode yet.Well done, that spider was great!
Chica

Postby jammy2 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks Chica,
The video implementation in the D90 being first for a DSLR is buggy with very basic controls but there are workarounds some of the problems like aliasing, rolling shutter
jammy2

Postby biggerry on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:17 pm

first thought... 'owned by the water droplet' :shock:

poor little guy, probably didn't know what hit him :cry:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Return to Nikon