D700 - A couple of questions

A place for us to talk about Nikon related camera gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

D700 - A couple of questions

Postby Thommo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:49 pm

my d700 and SB800 appear to have had a bit of a hissy fit. I can figure out how but i (or the camera) appear to have turned off the red autofocus assist beam from the flash to help in low light. I looked through the menus and it appears everything is in its right place...

Also something that has been bugging me and i hope you can change:
When i shoot i shoot in Ap with easy exposure compensation on, meaning the rear wheel will change the Exposure Compensation. I have noticed that unlike the d200 where the exposure comp would remain visable in the viewfinder the entire time, with the d700 the meter flashes on and off, not only when the camera is not in use but also when you change your composition that would require another exposure. Basicly im wondering if there is a way to make the meter stay at how much i am under/over exposing by as it becomes hard to tell what you EC is set to.
Thommo

Re: D700 - A couple of questions

Postby methd on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:01 pm

have u made sure the camera isn't in "c" focus mode.. it must be single.
http://www.lumensphotography.com
Nikon gear. D3x, D3s, D3 ... and lots of lenses.
methd

Re: D700 - A couple of questions

Postby Thommo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:24 pm

methd wrote:have u made sure the camera isn't in "c" focus mode.. it must be single.

im an idiot, that explains #1

does anyone have any ideas on the second one?
Thommo

Return to Nikon