Fuuny ppl

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Fuuny ppl

Postby admajic on Wed May 24, 2006 4:53 pm

I work in IT and here is an email from a chick!

Subject: Replacement of PC monitor

Hi,

My (old style) monitor is just below a thermostat for the air conditioning, and lately the temperature in my pod has ben very cold. Property have sent the Air Con maintenance guys to check it out, and they have confirmed that the cool temperature is due to the heat coming from the back of my monitor giving the thermostat a false reading.

Therefore, for Occupational Health and Safety purposes I would like to request a flat screen monitor, as this will not interfere with the thermostat as much. This has been approved by ....

Many thanks,

She got an LCD Approved lol!!
admajic

Postby losfp on Wed May 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Sensational!

Hmmm.. I might have to give that a go. It's as good an excuse as any!
losfp

Postby birddog114 on Wed May 24, 2006 4:59 pm

Good try! :wink:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Wed May 24, 2006 5:00 pm

I used to work in an office where the thermostat that controlled my space was in the office of another worker, even though we each had separate rooms.

That had the capability of making my room rather uncomfortable when I had three pcs and he was absent. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby myarhidia on Wed May 24, 2006 5:35 pm

must be the season for it, I got this one yesterday.

> Hello xxx,

The hours I spend in front of my laptop is affecting my eyes and causing me headaches. I am visiting the optometrist again later today.

Can you advise if I can get a larger screen for my computer. I am at the stage now that I will have to reduce the hours in front of my computer so would like some advise on this as soon as possible.

If this is approved I believe you can get desk top kits which includes wireless keyboard and mouse and 19" flat screens.

I believe XXX has some eye issues also. He is on this email and can expand on what he may require.

Regards,

I always thought that the reason that a field rep got a laptop was because they spend more time on the road & with customers doing their job than they do in front of a computer.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
myarhidia

Location: Kingsgrove, Sydney, So where the bloody hell are you?

Postby NikonUser on Wed May 24, 2006 5:41 pm

gstark wrote:I used to work in an office where the thermostat that controlled my space was in the office of another worker, even though we each had separate rooms.

That had the capability of making my room rather uncomfortable when I had three pcs and he was absent. :)

I'm in the same kinda situation right now

The cafe next door to the bakery I work in controls the thermostat... When it's 7 degrees in the mornings they pump up the heater... not too good for the bakers working infront of the oven! It's hotter working in winter than it in summer sometimes.

Paul
http://www.australiandigitalphotography.com

Living in poverty due to my addiction to NIKON... Is there a clinic that can help me?
NikonUser

Postby admajic on Wed May 24, 2006 7:08 pm

Paul, Next time im in Melb ill have to pop round and watch u working in winter in a singlet lol
admajic

Postby NikonUser on Wed May 24, 2006 7:13 pm

admajic wrote:Paul, Next time im in Melb ill have to pop round and watch u working in winter in a singlet lol

:) Well you wouldn't be alone... people love looking in the window (I'm pretty sure they're watching the production though, not my good looks :)) I've often thought about charging people to watch... Sometimes I feel a bit like a monkey in a cage. lol. The favourite activity to watch is a new apprentice trying to cut and grate 20kgs of cheese for their first time. :)

Living in poverty due to my addiction to NIKON... Is there a clinic that can help me?
NikonUser

Postby admajic on Wed May 24, 2006 7:15 pm

I buy cheese pre-grated from Coles hehe!
WOW Ive never thought of 20kgs of cheese before thats massive!!
admajic

Postby NikonUser on Wed May 24, 2006 7:17 pm

admajic wrote:I buy cheese pre-grated from Coles hehe!
WOW Ive never thought of 20kgs of cheese before thats massive!!

We have 3 or 4 20kg blocks in the fridge at a time :)

NikonUser

Return to General Discussion