[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 485: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 485: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
DSLRUsers.com • View topic - POTW 30th July Challenge

POTW 30th July Challenge

Find our DSLRUsers.com challenges in this section.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

POTW 30th July Challenge

Postby biggerry on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Just to accommodate the outpouring of responses I better start a thread for the results :lol:

this is a thread for the noted challenge in viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43771&start=452535#p452535

Given that i did instigate the idea its only fair that i do do participate.

I did not have access to any rolling hills, and as such i made do with our pre- annual coffee sunrise session to try and capture something that is inspired by Fay Goodwin, here is my attempt and I look forward to others.

biggerry

Re: POTW 30th July Challenge

Postby ozimax on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Very interesting image Gerry. I like it, but I do find the bit of water directly behind the lighthouse a bit distracting. From the look of the angle though, I'm not sure if you could have got any lower to take the shot.
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 35mm F1.8
Olympus E-M1x, Olympus 40-150 F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby Matt. K on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Gerry, that is masterful. A fine art image. Needs to be printed at about 500cm x 500cm on high quality matte paper and sympathetically framed. Get it into a gallery. :up:
Just wonderful to look at. :up:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Sylvia on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Gerry I love it. A fine composition and I love the processing. Well done.
Nikons.
Nikkor's.
Sylvia

Postby biggerry on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm

biggerry

Postby surenj on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Hey Gerry, I thought I'd dig one up from good ol film days.... Sorry about the awesome location though.

surenj

Postby biggerry on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm

biggerry

Postby Remorhaz on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:57 am

Rodney -
Remorhaz

Postby biggerry on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:17 pm

biggerry

Postby surenj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:15 pm

surenj

Postby surenj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:16 pm

surenj

Postby surenj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Gerry your picture is very eye catching and I think I like the compo. Nice work removing the power lines. I did notice the discrepancy in lighting though. If there are lots of lights coming from the left, it seems unnatural that it's so dark. Just saying.

Rodney, nice one. I like the side lighting of the trees which are accentuated by Nik Silver Efex.
surenj

Postby biggerry on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:48 pm

biggerry

Postby surenj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:59 pm

surenj

Postby biggerry on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 pm

biggerry

Postby surenj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice, I guess the simple tools are often best. I haven't used content aware for a long time now. I remember using it to extend skies though.
surenj

POTW 30th July Challenge

Postby Remorhaz on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Rodney -
Remorhaz

Postby Geoff M on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Here is my attempt.

Fuji X-Pro1 | X-E1 | X-T1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com

http://xtographer.weebly.com
Geoff M

Postby biggerry on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm

biggerry

Postby surenj on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am

Nice one Geoff, nice location and definition of the cloud. I'd clone that white bit on the bottom right though.
surenj

Postby surenj on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am

surenj

Postby the foto fanatic on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 am

This photo was taken from a helicopter during a flight over Kauai, one of the Hawaiian islands.

We are looking at one of the wettest places on earth - Mount Waialeale receives over 11,000 mm of rain annually. That's over 450 inches.

No wonder it is usually covered in cloud.

Click to see a larger image.

My History Blog:
My Photo Blog:
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby biggerry on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:02 am

biggerry

Postby the foto fanatic on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:36 pm

My History Blog:
My Photo Blog:
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby biggerry on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

biggerry

Postby the foto fanatic on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:31 am

My History Blog:
My Photo Blog:
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby surenj on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Trevor, what a view! Those are some lush greens indeed!

Did you fly over any volcanoes?
surenj

Postby the foto fanatic on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:06 am

My History Blog:
My Photo Blog:
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Return to Challenges