Flash Card Preservation Tips

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Flash Card Preservation Tips

Postby birddog114 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:48 am

Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Glen on Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:10 pm

Good article Birddog, even brought up some thing I don't do but never thought of, don't remove the card from the reader if there is an open file (from that card) on the pc.
Glen

Postby birddog114 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:10 pm

Glen,
Agreed, there're many simple things in this world that we don't know, that why we have this forum for sharing all the learning curves that we found in difference ways.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Onyx on Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:04 am

There's an addition safeguard you could do (on Win2k/XP machines) if you have kids or an absent mind when it comes to safely removing CF cards from readers. Disable write-behind cacheing for portable/removeable devices. That way, when you're not actively reading/writing to the card, it won't hurt it as much if it's inadvertantly disconnected/removed.
Onyx

Return to Tips and tricks