The old panning/blur shot...

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

The old panning/blur shot...

Postby whiz on Sun May 29, 2005 11:25 am

The dog below is the only long term companion of a friend of mine. She has nobody else close to her. Shortly after this shot was taken, the dog started acting lethargic. She'd never been sick in eight years. When taken to the vet, she displayed amazing determination to get up and go for a walk. Despite asking for X-rays to be taken, the vets knew better and delayed several days until one had a prick of conscience. They couldn't see her stomach and elected emergency surgery.
They discovered a ruptured gall bladder and advised the owner that bile had been leaking into the dogs stomach. They told the owner that the dog was going to die. Even up to the sixth opinion said that the poor doggy was doomed and would die. 50 percent die within 24 hours of the surgery. All died within 48 hours.

At 12 hours, with a row of stiches 25cm long, bubba, (the dog) was trying to stand up. At 24 hours, she was walking around licking the veterinary staff. At 48 hours, everyone was shaking their heads. At three days the owner took her off the pain medication to try and slow her down as she was jumping around.
A week afterwards there are six Vets who now know that not every dog will die because a doggy will to live can sometimes accomplish miracles.
People put way too much rubbish in signature blocks.

whiz

Postby Killakoala on Sun May 29, 2005 11:39 am

Amazing story. Interesting picture too. My head is spinning :)
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby kipper on Sun May 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Interesting story, not so keen on the shot.

Sounds like our cat. We were told it had chronic Kidney failure according to blood test results. The gave it a full renal flushing and observed the cat for 4 days and said the flushing didn't bring the count back up in the blood results. They gave us pills to administer to the cat once a day, they cost about $50 per month. The cat looks no different to what it was about a year or two ago. Very perky when you talk to it and it wants it's food, but still lazy as ever. Doesn't look like it's near it's death bed.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby JordanP on Mon May 30, 2005 11:56 am

Great story and I love the shot.

Cheers,
Craig
JordanP

Postby mudder on Mon May 30, 2005 7:26 pm

A touching story and one that ends happily.

Being a softie for animal stuff I can understand how close one gets with their pets and can relate to how important she is to your friend. Glad it worked out OK in the end...
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby sirhc55 on Mon May 30, 2005 7:35 pm

A story with a happy ending and a lovely pic to boot
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques