Challenge!

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Challenge!

Postby marcus on Mon May 30, 2005 1:49 pm

No not that type of challenge, this type. (finally found out why I could'nt upload to pixspot).

I know nutzinc
marcus

Postby BBJ on Mon May 30, 2005 1:57 pm

Marcus, This is a good shot i like it lots shows the action on there faces in the race for the ball, well done .
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby tsanglabs on Mon May 30, 2005 2:08 pm

I love the symmetry of the two players. Good capture.
tsanglabs

Postby mudder on Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 pm

G'day,
I thought this was a great action shot when you posted the link originally, what ended up being the worry uploading the image to pixspot?
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby PiroStitch on Mon May 30, 2005 7:39 pm

Great action shot! Btw, who won the ball in the end?
PiroStitch

Postby marcus on Mon May 30, 2005 10:52 pm

BBJ, thanks I agree about the faces.

Tsanglabs, that was what I liked best about it too.

Mudder, I had recently been posting landscape images. This one was a portrait........my mistake! I was entering the pixel data into the wrong field! ie height vs width was the wrong way round. :oops:

Piro, Guy on the left won it. He was a good player. His team won on the day. An interesting game........0-0 half time, white shirts 3-0 up in the second half then the blue stripes scored 3 quick ones to equalise. Extra time and golden goal (it was state cup) white shirts scored and won. I actually captured the golden goal: http://www.d70users.com/viewtopic.php?t=6010&highlight=

thanks all,

Buzz
I know nutzinc
marcus

Postby PiroStitch on Mon May 30, 2005 11:14 pm

Sounds like the Liverpool Euro Champions League match :)
PiroStitch

Postby marcus on Mon May 30, 2005 11:22 pm

Funny you should mention that Piro, I raced home and printed the Golden Goal shot. Gave it to the team coach and a few minutes later one of the club officials came over and said exactly the same thing!

I even thought it myself at the game.
I know nutzinc
marcus

Hammers are back up!

Postby ozimax on Tue May 31, 2005 10:44 am

Great shot of determination here, the faces say it all. BTW, West Ham def Preston 1-0 this morning to get promotion to PL again!

Max
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby the foto fanatic on Tue May 31, 2005 12:39 pm

Nice action pix marcus :D
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques