first post, first nice image with my D70

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

first post, first nice image with my D70

Postby MagicNikon on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:09 am

Shot on Hwy 321 near Hickory, NC.

MagicNikon

Postby fozzie on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:17 am

MagicNikon - welcome to the forum :) .

I do like the contrast in the shot. Look forward to seeing many more shots from you.

For the benefit of others on the forum, please add your local town, state into your profile...is it Hickory, NC :?:

Cheers,
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby KerryPierce on Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:40 am

Lovely shot. The colors and composition are very nice. :D
my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/
KerryPierce

Postby Onyx on Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:55 am

Tis a beauty!
Onyx

Postby MagicNikon on Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:07 am

Thank you all. I am afraid that I don't have many images with my D70 yet. I have been shooting recently with an Oly E-10. The only other digital camera that I have owned was an Oly C-3040. Both very nice cameras.
Yes, I do know what card you are thinking of.
MagicNikon

Postby KerryPierce on Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:22 am

MagicNikon wrote:Thank you all. I am afraid that I don't have many images with my D70 yet. I have been shooting recently with an Oly E-10. The only other digital camera that I have owned was an Oly C-3040. Both very nice cameras.

You can check with the management, if you wish, but I don't think that posting images from your other cams would be a problem. They even let Canon shooters post images here.... :roll: :lol:

Personally, I enjoy good images and couldn't care less what camera they came from. 8)
KerryPierce

Postby MagicNikon on Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:57 am

Kerry,

I visited your pbase.com site and I really enjoyed the DC shots. My fiance and I got engaged there last May. What sort of IR filter are you using? I have a 62mm Hoya for my Oly, but now I need a 67mm for my D70.

Also, do you know of any adapters for a telescope that would fit the D70?
Yes, I do know what card you are thinking of.
MagicNikon

Postby sirhc55 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:30 pm

MagicNikon - welcome and with a lovely, well composed first shot.

As Kerry has already stated, you can post pics from any kind of digital camera on this forum. :D
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby KerryPierce on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:37 pm

MagicNikon wrote:Kerry,

I visited your pbase.com site and I really enjoyed the DC shots. My fiance and I got engaged there last May. What sort of IR filter are you using? I have a 62mm Hoya for my Oly, but now I need a 67mm for my D70.

Also, do you know of any adapters for a telescope that would fit the D70?

Thanks for the compliments, I'm pleased that you enjoyed the galleries. :D I suppose that congrats are in order for your engagement. :D Tell her that the only way to know that she loves you is if she buys you a bag full of Nikon lenses... now.... Cuz after you're hitched, it becomes a little more problematic. :shock:

At one time, I had some really good links for the telescope stuff, but I don't have them on this computer... I've been thinking of doing some new moon shots with the d70 and my 1200mm(?) scope. If I can remember or find some good info on it, I'll post it.
KerryPierce

Postby the foto fanatic on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:15 pm

Nice sunset colours.
Welcome to the forum MagicNikon & keep the pix coming. :)
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby mic on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:19 pm

You have delivered some Magic here with that brilliant sunset shot, well done.

Mic. :wink:
mic
Retired Egg Flipper

Postby Alex on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:33 pm

Beautiful sunset colours. Welcome to the forum.

Alex
Alex

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques