Another shot from the Newb...

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Another shot from the Newb...

Postby MagicNikon on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm

This was shot at Myrtle Beach, SC on New Year's weekend '05. Me and the bird were the only ones up this early :D

Not from my Nikon...I had my trusty Oly E-10 with me (the Nikon was still on my wish list).

Yes, I do know what card you are thinking of.
MagicNikon

Postby Killakoala on Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Nice image, but with a bit more saturation, would look amazing.

Good work.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby MagicNikon on Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:12 pm

Thank you, Steve, for the suggestion. Perhaps this is closer to "a bit more saturation".

Also, I enjoyed your explanantion of Crop Factor in your tutorial. I was having a hard time figuring out what the sales people were talking about. I asked them point blank, "If this is a true TTL camera, how can a 200mm focal length "magically" become 300mm?"

They'd look blankly and stare and repeat "You see, this has a 1.5x focal multiplier..." blah blah....

Sales Training! Anyway, heres the updated pic...

MagicNikon

Postby stormygirl on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:10 pm

The added saturation looks fantastic! A very nice image. Welcome to the forum, by the way! Looking forward to more pics in the future!
stormygirl

Postby sirhc55 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:09 pm

Added saturation has lifted the pic tremendously
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Alex on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:28 pm

I agree. Looks very beautiful when colours are saturated.

Alex
Alex

Postby dhess on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:06 pm

Nice pic MN.

What kind of bird is that? Is it an oyster catcher?
dhess

Postby stephen on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:23 pm

pic number two defineatly looks a lot better .Well done magicnikon
stephen

Postby MagicNikon on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:27 am

If by Oyster catcher, you mean Rat with Wings, then yes, it is a seagull. :)

I have lived in North Carolina for 10 years and this January was the first time I had been to the beach. I like it best when there are no crowds.
MagicNikon

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques